The applicant must be a high school student graduate or graduating; or/and currently matriculated to a Junior College or University and must meet the following:
1. Should be a member of household of GAPASCA lifetime member. One recipient per household per year.
2. Filipino ancestry, U.S. Resident only
3. Acceptance into an accredited college /university
4. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.00 scale)
5. Leadership skills and extra-curricular activities
6. Commitment to serving the Filipino-American community by serving 40 hours.
*Please note, the 40 hours community service can be divided into 20 hours by the recipient, and 20 hours by member of household of GAPASCA lifetime member.
The applicant must submit the following documents by mail:
1. A completed GAPASCA Scholarship Application Form.
2. A typed written one-page, single spaced personal essay describing the applicant’s current and future commitment to serving the Filipino-American community
3. An official transcript (sealed by the school)
4. A copy of an acceptance letter from an accredited college
5. The application will be reviewed by the GAPASCA Scholarship Committee and qualified applicants will be notified either by mail, telephone, or email.
Scholarship recipients will receive a one-time monetary award, certificate and complimentary ticket to GAPASCA Annual Anniversary and Induction Ball. The monetary amount and number of awards to be granted are as follows:
(4) $500 monetary award to the top 4 candidates
The application must be mailed postmarked on or before May 31, 2019 to:
P. O. Box 4842
Cerritos, CA 90703-4842
Incomplete applications or applications with information not meeting the eligibility requirements will not be considered for review.